In honor of the Kentucky Derby (and my dog by the same name), something fun for all you creative and writerly types...
Post your favorite KY Derby horse name.
These are the rules for naming your thoroughbred:
1. Can't be a name of a past Derby runner.
2. No names ending in "filly," "colt," "stud," "mare," "stallion," or any similar horse-related term
3. No names contain a number unless spelled out
4. No names of race tracks or graded stakes races
5. No names clearly having commercial significance, such as trade names
6. Nothing in poor taste!
7. Something creative and wonderful
Have fun! Happy Derby!