Voices for Peace & Justice
Writing Contest 2009
Bluegrass Literacy and the Central Kentucky Council for Peace and Justice (CKCPJ) invite you to submit 1000 words in any form (fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry) on the subject of peace and justice. The winner will receive a small honorarium, publication on Bluegrass Literacy’s and the CKCPJ’s websites, and will read their work on Sunday, October 11, at the Central Public Library in Lexington.
Contest Guidelines and Rules
· No more than 1000 words on the subject of peace and justice
· All work must be original and unpublished
· Poetry may be single-spaced; all other genres must be double-spaced
· Standard font size (10 or 12 points)
· Submit two copies of each entry; include title of work on each page
· Do NOT put your name on entry
· Include a cover sheet with your name, address, email and/or phone number, and title of work
· No work will be returned; keep copies
· $5.00 per submission. You may submit as many entries as you wish, but each must be accompanied with a $5.00 entrance fee
· All entries must be received no later than October 1, 2009
Make check or money order payable to:
732 Faulkner Avenue
Lexington KY 40505
CKCPJ is a coalition of peacemaking groups and individuals, dedicated to mobilizing, coordinating and supporting activities focused on peace and justice issues.
Bluegrass Literacy is a nonprofit literacy provider offering free tutoring, ESL instruction, GED, and life skills classes in central Kentucky.
All proceeds will benefit Bluegrass Literacy.