Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Books We Love: Part Deux




Hey guys! Here's another installment of the Books We Love! Hopefully, this will inspire you to pick up some old favorites or check out a new book!

Carnegie Center Assistant Director, Rachel Noble, LOVES Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. She says "When I need a pick-me-up and it's time to turn to that first love I always grab my worn-out copy of Little Women."

Randi Ewing, our newest staff member LOVES The English Patient by Michael Ondaajte "for its sensuality. Every time I read it I find a new layer... For a good story, I've also often turned to The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. He wrote it for his daughter, because his other books frightened her. This one, which he outlined on a napkin (and there's something to that) is delicately told and as graceful as it is thrilling."

There are so many books that I LOVE...My favorite go-to book is Charlotte's Web by E. B. White. It doesn't matter how many times that I've read it, it still reads like a fresh and delightful tale.

What are books that you love? Stay tuned for more of ours.

~warmly~
Katherine

No comments: